Edumedia is a 20-year old technology company. When Edumedia was originally formed in 1992 it started reselling computer hardware and software, repairing and servicing computers, provding networking contracting services, as well as providing computer training. By 1993, Edumedia became well recognized amongNew Jersey schools and went on to become the first company in the state to offer schools true full motion video in its computer platforms. The focus of the company evolved into an education based hardware and software provider, building its authorized dealer list, with the top 11 in the country for hardware and software. Edumedia’s customer list grew to over 2000 individual customer accounts (schools) in 36 states, between 1993 and 1999, achieving an average 47% annual growth rate with the following achievements:
- 1993 – The first multimedia company to offer schools true full motion video in its computer platforms with MPEG video decompression
- 1995 – Became a Symantec Authorized Developer and Earned Microsoft Academic Authorization
- 1997 – Became an IBM Business Partner, Dell Authorized Dealer , Compaq Authorized Reseller, and A+ CertifiedServiceCenter
- 1998 – Was Approved as a Hewlett Packard Authorized Reseller, 3COM Authorized Reseller, Microsoft Solution Provider, Adobe Authorized Reseller, Acquired a State Contract with the New Jersey Division of Purchasing, Became a Microsoft Authorized Testing Center, and a pioneer in the sourcing of e-rate grant funding under the Telecommunications Act of 1996
- 1999 – Was Approved as Intel Authorized, Nortel Networks Authorized, and Established the Unique Project Technology of its own intellectual property — An On-line Digital Portfolio Application
- 2000 – Directed Company focus on the development of a unique Digital Portfolio and Assessment Application.
- 2004 – Launch of the first version of E*pad with its first set of Performance Assessments.
It was a decade of experience in the education arena, and direct exposure to the demands of the end user, that prompted Edumedia to focus on the development of a superior on-line assessment tool to benefit students, teachers, and administrators in the Education Community. Today, Edumedia continues as an Research and Development company.